THINK PINK

12

THINK PINK

John@OT
Administrator
I have always customized guns for women. Maybe not as many as I do for the guys, but lately it has been picking up. I wanted to start this new thread for all the pretty guns we do. If we have any lady visitors to our forums we'd like them to be able to stop in here and check out the pretty stuff too. Not all ladies agree with the pink gun syndrome, but there are a lot of them that do. Remember, it's not just the pinks, it's the purples, rasberry's, red's and teals. I'll try my best to start posting all of our lady customers guns here. First, I'll start with my daughter's .22 rifle that I just finished. I'll try to back track and add some of our older pink customer favorites. Please post pics of your LADY guns here... even if it's not a pink cutie-pie.  Ahhemm.... yes, guys, it's okay if you come in and look around too.

This is a customers gun that used to be all black. It was just finished and even though it's posted elsewhere, we thought it belonged here too. The customer is in the military and she wanted something with pinks and greens. I coated it at the same time I did my daughter's and thought what the heck and put them both with the same colors as if they were a set.

Isn't that cute!

This is a Bersa Thunder with Crimson Trace laser grips installed. This ladies champ is owned by a medical professional that originally wanted to go the whole pink route but her loyalty to the New Orleans Saints won over and she wound up with a beautiful black and gold gun with gold fleur d'lis and white coated grips with a pearl top coat. She kept her gun tasteful, classy and still feminine.

These two twin Taurus TCP .380's were brought in by two friends that wanted their new concealed carry guns to match. They rode motorcycles and carried them with them all around the state. The camo jobs are different on each gun.

This was our first pink gun we ever displayed at the gun shows and it was very popular. It didn't last too long because a man saw it and bought it as a birthday gift for his wife. Now that's a good husband. Any man that buys his wife a gun, just knows that he's gonna be a good boy!

This Walther P22 is my wife's gun. It was all black and she originally wanted it to be pink, but I made it purple instead. I had just got the new purple in and made a custom mix with it and called it "Purple Heart" named after the award given to soldiers injured in battle. Besides we didn't have any purple guns at the moment. This time around, I'm going to make it pink for her, but don't tell her, i want to surprise her.

Re: THINK PINK

LadyD2010
Beautiful work! Of course, I am a big pink fan so I am prejudice with pink lol. I stumbled across the most awesome pink gun. Have you or anyone had any experience with STI International guns? If you get a chance look at the STI Elektra. The price is way up there but wow, it looks awesome. Tell me what you think!

Re: THINK PINK

Tye G. Wolfe
Administrator
John...

I can't help but say you have done great in representing pink as a color for some really classie firearms. Not many males of our species will never actually take the steps to own a pink gun but for me I love 'em. I love all of the one's you posted but I really like your daughters Ruger 10/22. I would love to gift my two girls 22Lr's just like it. But I also love how the Jennings came out so now I am just confused about picking between them. I am glad I do not have to choose between any of the pink guns you have there. I will just sit back and enjoy the work of the master. Those pink guns should garner not only respect for what they can do but also gain the right to be called fine firearms. I can't wait to see the next pi k firearm that comes ojt of your shop.

Take care and again, fantastic work.
Tye

Re: THINK PINK

John@OT
Administrator
Here ya' go Lady D!!!

I checked it out and posted your dream gun right here for us all to enjoy. We actually get STI frames and kits and build custom guns. I can promise you one thing..... On Target could truly make the Pink Elektra more beautiful.... that's not bragging, just fact! The things I could do with that lady..... oh yeah!!!!!

Re: THINK PINK

LadyD2010
Oh my goodness! You posted that pic late at night and I just love that gun.....that's some serious gun porn! Wow! That gets me excited enough to wake my fiance up lol!!

Can we make my Sig look something like that? Well, with at least a cheaper price tag than the Elektra has lol?? I so need a second job just for my gun addiction!!

Re: THINK PINK

Tye G. Wolfe
Administrator
John@OT wrote
Here ya' go Lady D!!!

I checked it out and posted your dream gun right here for us all to enjoy. We actually get STI frames and kits and build custom guns. I can promise you one thing..... On Target could truly make the Pink Elektra more beautiful.... that's not bragging, just fact! The things I could do with that lady..... oh yeah!!!!!

John...

That's a fine looking piece to begin with but I can just imagine what touches you would bestow upon her. Nothing but the best for the clients of "On Target Guns". Some really radical pictures do enter the grey matter.

Take care,
Tye

Re: THINK PINK

John@OT
Administrator
Lady D
We can make your Sig look however you want!
I have coated Sigs in Brushed Stainless before and they look fantastic. I say we go a beautiful mid-tone pink on your slide in either a metallic or pearl, then we make the frame brushed stainless which is a fine metallic silver finish and do all of your controls, hammer and trigger in a Frost Pink. The cherry I'd top it off with would be making your grips pink too (a darker pink)!
That's just one of the many ideas that pop into my head when looking at your Sig!

Re: THINK PINK

John@OT
Administrator
WOW Tye!!!! Look at me and you..... hanging out in the girl's PINK section!

I guess we are smarter than we look!

Re: THINK PINK

LadyD2010
Now I really like the way you think! Ohhhh I work with this one deputy who after he found out I have a Sig, was telling me that was his favorite gun. He thought it was pretty "bad ass" that I carried a Sig. Well, I am not sure how "bad ass" he will think I am for changing the look of such an awesome gun lol. I love the look of a stainless or even bi-tone gun. I guess I will see how I fair in the Pimp My Gun contest and see if the Sig gets a new look. Ok, well even if I don't fair so well I think it will get one anyway lol.

Re: THINK PINK

LadyD2010
Well I think it is very respectable place for you two to hang out. Just means you are both in touch with your feminine sides and there is nothing wrong with that lol. Now me on the other hand, am a sad case. Not only am I laying in bed next to a very good looking man but I am talking about GUNS in a chat forum using my cell phone lol. Now that is something unique lol.

Re: THINK PINK

Tye G. Wolfe
Administrator
LadyD2010 wrote
Well I think it is very respectable place for you two to hang out. Just means you are both in touch with your feminine sides and there is nothing wrong with that lol. Now me on the other hand, am a sad case. Not only am I laying in bed next to a very good looking man but I am talking about GUNS in a chat forum using my cell phone lol. Now that is something unique lol.
LadyD...

I don't know how really unique that is as I am doing the same thing.

*cough hack... groan... snorts*

Well, let's just say I am sitting on my bed posting to the forum using my cell phone. I happen to be alone in my room sitting on my bed. Now I have to say it would be that much better if I were not alone, but I would have to say female companionship would be the path I take.

I have no problem in getting in touch with my feminine side for it just makes it that much easier in talking with the ladies I meet. I have nothing to hide and as I take a ladies hand to gently place a mass of cold metal in her hands to start a training session only allows that metal to heat up prior to sending the first round down range. I always enjoy instructing a lady as they are far better at accepting the information that is given as I have found most males think it is just a natural thing for a guy to be able to shoot. It's like writing a book or painting a picture. With a lady it seems the pages are blank or the canvas has just been hung. The ladies I have met seem to just absorbe things as I write the book or paint the picture. With most guys there is writing in the margins and the canvas has been painted over a number of times. I bet John has witnessed the same and I have always had positive experiances in instructing the ladies. I am not saying "all" guys are this way but I have to say the majority of them have been that way.

I am very happy to have met your acquaintance and I hope our friendship here only grows. You will find John and I do all we can to nurture our online family and hope the word gets out at how friendly the family really is.

Take care,
Tye

Re: THINK PINK

Tye G. Wolfe
Administrator
John@OT wrote
WOW Tye!!!! Look at me and you..... hanging out in the girl's PINK section!

I guess we are smarter than we look!
John...

I actually have to say I have never liked the color pink. Especially due to the fact my "EX" mother in law had the majority of her house painted pink and baby blue. But you have instilled a greater respect for the color seeing the guns you have coated in the color. I don't quite know yet if I would personally have one of my guns coated in pink, but I am fairly certain if I found a gun I had been looking for and it was coated in pink, I would not be afraid to buy it outright. I will have to say thanks for teaching an old dog a few new tricks.

Take care,
Tye

Re: THINK PINK

LadyD2010
I do feel very welcome here on the forum. Ya'll are a great bunch of people, so far LOL. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here.

Re: THINK PINK

Tye G. Wolfe
Administrator
LadyD2010 wrote
I do feel very welcome here on the forum. Ya'll are a great bunch of people, so far LOL. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here.
LadyD...

I don't think you will have anything to worry about. We will be only as bad as you want us to be.

I am sure I can speak for John when I say we will be here for any help you might need. Between all of us here I am sure we can either come up with the answers to your questions or point you in the right direction to get your answers. Just remember something I live by, "there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers"! If you have a question about something then I know you are willing to learn. And we all can learn from each other. No one has all the answers.

Take care and good shooting,
Tye

Re: THINK PINK

LadyD2010
Oh trust me I don't mind bad at all!! I have been around cops for the past 13 years and am now engaged to a former hose dragger, I mean fireman LOL. So I do not get offended very easily. I have a bad habit of getting right in the middle of bad. But of course, lucky for me my big blue eyes tend to have to get me out of all kinds of trouble lol. I have a very sweet and innocent side so usually I can get out of trouble when I get myself in it lol.

I will definitely be asking questions. I learned a long time ago that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Re: THINK PINK

Tye G. Wolfe
Administrator
LadyD2010 wrote
Oh trust me I don't mind bad at all!! I have been around cops for the past 13 years and am now engaged to a former hose dragger, I mean fireman LOL. So I do not get offended very easily. I have a bad habit of getting right in the middle of bad. But of course, lucky for me my big blue eyes tend to have to get me out of all kinds of trouble lol. I have a very sweet and innocent side so usually I can get out of trouble when I get myself in it lol.

I will definitely be asking questions. I learned a long time ago that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
LadyD...

Yeah I guess you have been and still are around some hard liners. Having worked for a uniformed division of law enforcement in Virginia I should say more than likely you have pretty tough skin. I know how raw it can get. However I'll be sure I do my best to keep it under control.

In regards to asking questions, I can truthfully say "ya' hit the poodle on the noodle". Without the ability to ask questions we might as well live in the woods with the animals. Hopefully there will not be many questions that someone here won't be able to answer.

Take care,
Tye

Re: THINK PINK

LadyD2010
Yes, I worked for local and state law enforcment here so I have been toughened up a lot over the years. I was always lucky enough to be able to get what I wanted by batting my blue eyes and being all sweet so they weren't always so tough lol. Not to mention I have been told for the past 13 years that I have been a dispatcher that I have a sexy voice so see I am not that innocent lol....now I am sweet, innocent and packing LOL

Re: THINK PINK

John@OT
Administrator
Okay everybody, I have some new ladies guns coming out soon. I am changing up my wife's Walther P22. Some very rude individual at the local gun show dropped it down on the table where it landed on a rifle with a rough and tough quad rail and it dinged the plastic on the butt of the grip. There was no magazine in the gun so the damage is to the plastic base instead of the mag. It gouged at the plastic coming over to the edge area of the grip. The purple coating would have survived, but the plastic it was on didn't. I stripped the gun down and started working on the plastic already. The good news is that the damage will never be noticed. It's looking better already. So..... I'm going to change the colors up just a bit and most likely will girly it up a notch. I'm going to let her make suggestions on it, but I'll probably go nuts on it in my own way regardless.

I also have a customers gun we are going pink and purple on. It too is a Walther P22, but this one is the 5 inch model.

Next up, we are SUPER PINKING a .38 snubnose revolver. This gun will run the shows for a little while before going to a new and deserving home. It's gonna get blinged out BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: THINK PINK

Kevin D.
Administrator
ok John, Will let it slip that he LOVES the color pink. So therefore when he drops off the Mosin for the re-crowning, and scope rings I say you let ME strip it down and shoot some special new mixed color of pink on it before he is allowed to have it back. Then when he picks it up you can just say "Damn, I have no clue how that happened!!"
 ‎"its not the caliber, and its not the gun. its how well you perform, that completes the task at hand

Re: THINK PINK

John@OT
Administrator
okay.... i see nothing, hear nothing and know nothing.....i'll have the pinks on standby.
12