Pachmayr slip on grip for Glock 17

John@OT
Administrator
I have tried a Hogue slip on grip on my XD40 and never had too much issue with it moving around on my gun. I knocked it around sometimes and had to straighten it, but it wasn't very often. I switched recently to a Glock 17 as my concealed carry gun and decided to try the Pachmayr slip on grip. I can honestly say that since day one, the grip has been squirming aound the gun's handgrip like an eel caught on a fishing line. I am constantly straightening it out. Everyday! Several times a day!
I had to check the original packing just to make sure that I did indeed by the correct grip for my pistol. It is the correct unit for my gun, but it squirms around nonetheless. I'd love to hear from others who have tried the Pachmayr. Did it work for you? Or, did it leave you with a fried psyche like myself?

Glock 17 with Pachmayr slip on grip

Pachmayr Grip

Re: Pachmayr slip on grip for Glock 17

Kevin D.
john whenever i got a slip on grip for my carry i actually bought the wrong one by mistake, BUT it actually fit better than the one that they recommended. i used a hogue handall-jr. it had a tighter fit on the grip and i have not had to move it since i put it on. i honestly feel that if i had to removed it, id have to use a razor blade

Re: Pachmayr slip on grip for Glock 17

John@OT
Administrator
I prefer the Hogue myself kevin.
I did clean the inside of my Pachmeyer grip with alchohol and wiped down the grip area of the gun too. It has worked better ever since and I do not have to constantly adjust the grip..... it stays in place now!

Re: Pachmayr slip on grip for Glock 17

Big Bad John
I have since installed a mag well and it helps to keep the grip boot just where I want it. It's still keeping still for me and not twisting anymore. I have done a lot more with the Gk
Lock and I will make sure to post it all later.

Re: Pachmayr slip on grip for Glock 17

Mr. Hickey
Hey Johnny Boy, that G17 we "discussed" in November had the Pachmyar rubber grip on it. Have you noticed any displacement of the grip? I, too, found the Pachmyar rubber grips moved around on that G17, a G26 and a G19. I have since put TALON GRIPS rough-textured (skateboard tape-type) grips on the G26, G19 and new G30sf (remember that sucker?). I really like the grip tape. It is VERY secure and you can do your nails when you have spare time! (haha)

"Wheels"