My NEW Glock

John@OT
Administrator
Every now and then, I get the urge to own another gun. For me, it happens quite often. I guess I wouldn't be much of a gun enthusiat if I didn't. I have my own unique tastes when it comes to firearms and what I'm in the mood for varies from time to time. I have been carrying a ported Springfield Armory XD40 V-10 as my main Concealed Carry handgun. I bought it "barely" used from my good friend "Kevin Davis" and have used it in many ways. I ran it in three gun competition, tactical courses, marksmanship practice and used it for concealed carry. I have purposely ran it dirty and dry for quite a bit of use just to see if it would malfunction..... it never did! The XD has worked under torturous conditions without a jam or complaint. But, there was one nagging thing that made me want another Glock on my side. Well, I also wanted to retire the XD from personal daily carry and give it a makeover and put it on the display circuit for awhile.
The XD started to have rust develop on the magazine release button, slide lock/release lever and the take-down lever. This developed because these metalo [parts were exposed to my skin and sweat evveryday for long periods. When the mag release finally got stuck due to rust buildup, I pulled it down and coated these parts in ceramic. They haven't rusted again, but I don't want to take a chance with anymore prolonged exposure. I knew I wanted a Glock with a plastic mag release (that is the main part that rusted) and I never owned a Glock 17 before. I wanted the higher round capacity of the 9mm along with the trusted dependability of a Glock. I carried a Glock 21 as a police officer both on and off duty and never did  I experience rust or corrosion. The rust issue really is my only complaint about the XD.
I picked up a LIKE NEW Glock 17 from a fellow gun vendor at the gun show as a trade deal for a coating job. It has three seventeen round mags and two ten rounders. I liked the Hogue grip boot that I had on my XD that I decided to try the Pachmayr grip boot on the Glock, so I bought one for $10 and slapped it on. I took it home and slid it into a leather on-the-hip carry holster, and that my friends was the end of the matter.

Glock 17

Glock 17 9mm

Re: My NEW Glock

Kevin D.
Administrator
I think you should allow me to spend some time with that glock....
 ‎"its not the caliber, and its not the gun. its how well you perform, that completes the task at hand

Re: My NEW Glock

Kevin D.
Administrator
I think you should allow me to spend some time with that glock....

Oh and by the way, I made it to the range finally about 3 weeks ago. You'll be happy to know that after a year and half, and 2800 rds later the beretta still looks as fresh as it did when I picked it up from the shop. Every one wants to shoot it and I always get offers from others to buy it.
 ‎"its not the caliber, and its not the gun. its how well you perform, that completes the task at hand