Mouse Gun TWINS

John@OT
Administrator
Anyone that knows me can honestly say that I am not a gun snob. I enjoy owning and shooting all kinds of guns: big ones, small ones, quiet ones, loud ones, expensive ones and CHEAP ones. When the summer time comes around, I like to travel light especially if I'm outdoors with the kids. My helper, Jerry and I ran into a Titan .25 acp once at the gun show. It's a Tangfoglio made in Italy and imported to the U.S. by F.E.I. if I remember correctly. I bought it for $90 because we wanted to make a project gun out of it. Jerry and I took the tiny handgun to the range and had a ton of fun with it. It was more accurate that any .25acp we had ever shot. With low noise and zero recoil, the little gun was simplay a pleasure to shoot. It was smooth shooting and never had a fail to fire or even a jam of any sort. My parents neighbor took one look at the little gun and said that it was absolutely the thing he'd been looking for so he traded me a new .357 magnum revolver for it. I then traded the .357  for a 1911 and that was that.
Jerry and I were working a gun show recently and he found another little Italian .25acp on another vendor's table and bought it for $45. We both went nuts over it. It was a beater too with wooden handgrips and a failing black finish. We took it along to a LEVEL ONE class and shot two boxes through it. It was the same type of gun from the same manufacturer as the chromed Titan, but it was not labled as a Titan, and it was also from the same importer. Jerry shot the gun from about five yards to start at a nine inch steel plate. He kept hitting the target as he backed out to twenty yards and more. I couldn't believe it and fired the same course as Jerry did with the same results.
I had another friend trade me a chromed Titan just like the original one I used to have. Holy crap, now I have a set of these fantastic little guns. I'm going to rip them apart and refinish them, but I just don't know how I should do them up. They have external hammers and a heavy duty lever safety. The little .25's also have one seven round magazine each and with one in the chamber (on haf-cock and safety) that's an eight round total...... not bad for mouse sized guns. I'm going t6o pick up some extra mags for them both and stock up ion some premium self defense hollow-points. That's the other cool thing..... there are lots of ammo choices now for the .25acp and they do have self defense rounds available.

.25acp pistols

Italian .25acp pistols with magazines out

Don

Re: Mouse Gun TWINS

Don
I like .25's for their concealability. Lots of folks knock the .25acp but I've heard as many stories about their lethal deployment as I have about them bouncing bullets off of skulls. I own a Raven but I would prefer a pocket pistol that is'nt striker fired so I could keep one in the chamber. Glad to hear your enjoying your piece.

Don

Re: Mouse Gun TWINS

John@OT
Administrator
Hey Don! Most emergency rooms treat more trauma related to .25's, .22's and .32's than any other caliber. And the statistics show that they are often fatal to those hit by them in vital areas. You are right though in saying that there are just as many stories about them bouncing off of skulls. But, today we have some very potent .25 acp rounds and there are some very good ones marketed for self-defense. Heck, you can even reload the little things if you want to nowadays.
I do enjoy both of my little hammer guns. I'll be customizing them soon enough but really have fun shooting them. The Titan's really are my favorite .25 gun. I have shot many including Colts, Berettas and Raven/Jennings/Jiminez, but the Titan has always came out on top for me. I actually carry one as a back-up and sometimes as my sole defense gun on hot summer days that I want to travel light on.