Howa 1500 - Pink Death from afar

John@OT
Administrator
Jenny and Scott met us at the gun show and dropped off her factory Howa 1500 with a grand plan for customization. This is Jenny's rifle and she gets to do whatever she wants with it and let me tell you, she has one heck of a cool vision for her rifle. First off, she handed me over a pink and black wallet with skulls (my favorite) on it and said she wants to base her gun on that wallet. We're going to match the pink as close as possible and put skulls all over the new rifle stock that we're going to drop the action in. I'm going to start posting pics here and everyone can follow along as her gun transforms into the black and pink Hog Slayer that Jenny has in mind.
Here's a pic of the wallet that the rifle is going to be based off of..... well Jenny and i have some other i9deas as well, but for the most part the rifle is being inspired by her favorite pink and black skull covered wallet! yeah, Baby!!!

Re: Howa 1500 - Pink Death from afar

John@OT
Administrator
Wow.... It has taken me awhile, but I'm finally getting caught up on updating our projects and adding photos. The Howa has been stripped to the bare bones, the new tactical stock is on order and the coatings are in the shop. At this time, the rifle and its parts are in the sandblast and final prep phase.

This is our very first BEFORE photos of this pretty Howa 1500:

Howa 1500

Howa 1500

Now here's a peek at the gun's parts all over my workbench:

Howa 1500 stripped down

People don't believe me when I tell them that bolt actions have a lot of parts:

Howa 1500 parts