Grips & Stocks

John@OT
Administrator
Today, gun owners have more options than ever before for upgrading, customizing, refinishing and repairing their firearms. We have a large pool of manufacturers, distributors and retail outlets to serve our needs. And, let's not forget all of the online stores we have on the internet. We really can shop for the best parts and accessories at the right prices.
At On Target we sell and install all types of accessories and parts, plus we can refinish a gun in any way a person may choose. But, there are simple, easy to do projects that we can all do at home that will improve our gun's function and looks. There are some projects that you should have special tools and know-how for, but there are lots of things that we do on our own too.
One of the most popular of the do-it-yourself projects that can improve the looks and performance of your gun is a "grip" change.  Let's just say that you have a S&W .357 revolver with  wooden grips; changing out to a set of rubber finger-grooved Hogue grips can give you more control of your gun and more comfort when under recoil. Not only that..... they do add a coolness factor to your gun as well. There are many aftermarket grips for revolvers and semi-auto pistols. This also includes grips and stock sets for rifles and shotguns.
There are plenty of wood, wooden laminate, and synthetic grips and stocks from OEM manufacturers and aftermarket companies. One of my favorite things to do is replace the factory, thin panel grips on 1911's. The Hogue wrap around rubber grip with finger grooves in one of my favorites, but I also love the heavy textured tactical plastic grips and those with exotic woods and designs. There are more grips for 1911's than just about any gun ever made. Plus, let's not forget the custom stock and grip makers who can tailor make them to what you want. The sky truly is the limit!
I have replaced just about every stock or grip on every gun I have ever owned. There is not much if any gun that has a factory grip or stock in my personal stable. It's easy and fun to do and it will change the gun for the better, both in looks and handling. For the most part all you will need is a screwdriver of the right size and type and you are set. Some grips can be tricky so read the directions that come with your grips to be certain of any special instructions. With gun stocks, things will be a bit more involved than on a handgun. Make sure that the stock or stock set is the correct one for your gun and as always, please read the instructions. With some long guns there may be some special tools involved and may require fitting. If yours requires cutting or other modification, please seek more experienced help. Just remember your limits and keep common sense on high alert. Have FUN!

Re: Grips & Stocks

Kevin D.
Administrator
I have the Hogue Wrap-Around with Finger Grooves on my Beretta 92FS and it made a hell of a difference as far as managing the gun better and over all appearance. One of the best things i have purchased for that gun.

I also have the Hogue Handall Jr.  slip on grip that i have on my carry gun, which is a Taurus PT-140. John i urge you to try one of these on your PT-145. I think you'd like it.

Also when i take ownership of that beautiful 1911 I have my eyes on, you and I will sit down and hash out some grip options and see whats going to be the best route to take with those.
 ‎"its not the caliber, and its not the gun. its how well you perform, that completes the task at hand