Draco - AK-47

John@OT
Administrator
We recently had the chance to build up a Draco for an old police buddy of mine. He said it was love at first sight once he seen it in its final form. We went with a custom "Dragon Scale" finish that we mix up in-house. It's a very durable finish that can handle the high temps of a MAPP gas torch without failing or discoloring.
We wanted to put some small detail finishes on the AK-47 pistol, so we started with the safety lever and notched it so that it can be used to lock the bolt back. We also drilled out the back receiver and installed a sling mount so that a single or dual point sling could be used to carry the gun. We swapped the wood forestock for a quad rail so that we could mount a flashlight below and a green laser on the side. The laser will eliminate the need to lift the gun up to eye level inorder to aim. An aftermarket pistol grip offers more control and better looks over the stock grip. The gun received a crygenic treatment as well and a slant muzzle break was installed up front to afford more control while rapid firing. The Draco turned out to be one of the nicest I have ever seen and I'm very proud of what we were able to accomplish with this overhaul of a proven performer. Draco