Browning .300 Win Mag Bolt-Action Rifle - Cavin's Baby

Browning .300 Win Mag Bolt-Action Rifle - Cavin's Baby

John@OT
Administrator
Not too long ago we were brought a unique challenge. A customer showed up at the shop with a Browning rifle chambered in .300 Win Mag. The gun had been in a safe that had been in a house fire. There was no stock, but everything else was in the case. Someone had previously tried to sand the ruined finish and rust off with a very course grit which only made the problem worse for us. The first thing we did was send this gun to cryo and gave it a heat tempering as well so that we could make sure the metal was in good enough condition to be ready for action again.
Browning A-Bolt .300 win mag

The barrel has already undergone some metal working and has had two inches cut off. The new barrel end has been threaded so that we may install a ultra-slick muzzle brake that is really going to add that custom touch to this gun. The barrel and receiver shall be coated in a full ceramic finish next and the bolt handle will be cut and threaded for a large tactical lug.  We are going to set the receiver in a Ball and Carlson synthetic stock that the customer wants coated in a diamond back snake pattern. Of course, a new scope base and mounts will be installed so that a large tube scope can be mounted for some serious action.  The Harris clone bi-pod shall be color matched to the stock and a tactical sling will accompany it.
More pictures are coming soon. Follow this forum and watch this gun transform before your eyes.

Re: Browning .300 Win Mag Bolt-Action Rifle - Cavin's Baby

John@OT
Administrator
Holy Crap! We actually have .....well, somewhat of an update on this rifle. The rifle has had its barrel cut down and threaded for a very nice muzzle brake that looks classy and ass-kicking at the same time. The rifle stock is in and the gun is about to receive one of my most custom finishes to date. I owe Cavin on this one, so I'm going to go out of my way to make msure that he has the baddest ass Browning .300 Win Mag ever! We'll have all kinds of juicy pics coming up on this build up. Plus we are goinmg to give a little background on this gun and the countless hours Cavin and I dreamed and talked about what we were going to do to it. Thism one will be at all the freaking gun shows and it'll be proudly displayed behinmd a velvet rope....LOL!

Re: Browning .300 Win Mag Bolt-Action Rifle - Cavin's Baby

John@OT
Administrator
The barrel and receiver have finally been coated on this rifle. I haven't told Cavin yet because I wanted to surprise him that his coating finally came in to the shop. I coated it the same day and I screwed the muzzle brake on just to see how it looks and it looked bad ass. I have all of the other parts for the Browning A-5 broken down and they are all ready for sandblasting. The BlackHawk bi-pod also came in and that has to be taken apart and coated as well.
I'm going to shimming the muzzle brake to get it torqued and aligned properly then we'll start on the stock. I'll take some pics tomorrow and have them up for the next update!