A Restoration Gift

Kevin D.
Administrator
Back in last September my wife and i decided to take her dad's little .22LR "Boat Gun"  and have it restored for him as a christmas gift. We told him we were taking it just for a little work and he gladly gave it up. This gun was starting to show some metal damage from the salt water, and had some nice little fuzzy red grips. I brought it to John and ideas started flowing. He put in a TON of hours just on the metal work alone and even did a few badass custom touches. The front sight was machined off and replaced with a neon green fiber optic front sight, the trigger was skeletonized. He also skeletonized the hammer, but only after he completely made a new one. We gave this gun back to my father-in-law just in time for christmas and he absolutely loved it. He still swears its a brand new gun and not the same one he had.

Heres a few pictures. The first one is a before shot that is somewhat what it looked like before i dropped it off to On Target and the following 2 pictures are what the finished product looked like.

 ‎"its not the caliber, and its not the gun. its how well you perform, that completes the task at hand